We’re recruiting for an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join our client and manage and maintain the operational aspects of their payroll system.
Our client is an innovative employment services, education and community development provider, working to empower individuals and communities, with a particular focus on disadvantaged communities including First Nations, youth and people living with a disability.
So far, they have successfully helped more than 1 million people to learn, find employment and discover new career opportunities.
About the Role:
This role is based in Sydney, with consideration of an alternative location for the right candidate. This role can be Full Time or Part Time with a job share.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing salaries and standard allowances, change of conditions, terminations and incentive payments.
- Administration and reconciliation of employee leave entitlements.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of calculation, lodgement and processing of State/Territory Payroll Tax and Workers Compensation renewals.
- Responding to internal and external stakeholder queries.
- Maintaining confidentiality of payroll data with respect to privacy legislation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Federal and State legislation.
- Administration of employee superannuation.
Key Qualifications & Attributes:
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience working within payroll teams, looking to level up in their career.
Key attributes include:
- The ability to interpret Awards
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Beginner to Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated commitment of customer service, confidentiality and continuous improvement
- Outsourcing payroll experience is advantageous
This role will be a good fit for you if…
- You want to work for a company committed to making a difference within the community
- You’re looking for a fast-paced role in a growing company
- You prefer an office-based environment
These roles are targeted at candidates living with disability.
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your resume and a short cover letter to MFenwick@scia.org.au or complete the form below.