Fundraising and Communications Officer
About the job:
Friends of Femili PNG is an Australian NGO that provides technical support and fundraising to support its key
partner Femili PNG.
The Friends of Femili PNG Fundraising and Communications officer’s role is to increase the profile of Friends of
Femili PNG and our key partner Femili PNG with the Australian public, deepen our connections with supporters
and expand our financial resources through increased fundraising.
Friends of Femili PNG is based in Canberra, however the role can be structured for a remote position.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and deliver annual fundraising strategies, including campaigns and events that increase donations (one-off and regular givers), workplace giving and bequests for Friends of Femili PNG from members of the Australian public.
- Develop and deliver communications strategies that raise the positive profile of Friends of Femili PNG, our key partner Femili PNG and the work of the international development sector, with a particular focus on key communities such as Papua New Guinean’s living, studying and working in Australia, international development sector professionals, and anti-violence against women and girls’ campaigners and supporters.
- Strengthen organisational storytelling, raising the profile of survivors and connecting stories of hope and success with the work of Friends of Femili PNG.
- Project manage campaigns and events, with the support of the Friends of Femili PNG team and volunteers.
- Manage and develop content for Friends of Femili PNG’s social media accounts, supporter communications and contribute to website content as needed.
- Manage and promote sales of merchandise, such as coffee, bilums, artwork and accessories, including through our online Shopify store.
- Build partnerships with PNG artists and collaborators, to expand merchandise and fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and engage with potential donors, including relevant philanthropic foundations, with the support of the Friends of Femili PNG CEO.
- Support the roll out of our new Brand Identity, and key messages
The ideal candidate has experience in:
- Fundraising in a not-for-profit context
- Event management
- Communications / marketing
- Social media and/or website development
Friends of Femili PNG is a child safe organisation committed to non-violence. Successful candidates will be required to provide National Police Check.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal discussion feel free to contact Phat Ngo at email@example.com along with any questions you may have
|Job Category||Fundraising and communications officer|