Our partnership with IHG Hotels & Resorts is focused on giving people living with physical disability the opportunity to build an exciting career in hospitality for one of the most established brands in the hospitality sector.
We are now recruiting for the role of Meeting Planner at the Crown Plaza – Hunter Valley.
Located in Lovedale, the heart of the Hunter vineyards, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is an 8-minute drive from Cessnock city centre, within an hour of the closest beaches in Newcastle, and 2-hours from bustling Sydney. The Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley provide magnificent resort accommodation for our valued guests. Not only do they cater for leisure holidays, but they also facilitate large meetings, conferences, spectacular weddings and more. Start your journey with Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley today the chance to progress your career at a property known for developing some of IHG’s best talent.
About the role
As a full-time Crowne Meetings Planner you’ll provide support to the Crowne Meetings Director in planning meetings and events and work closely with our Hotel operations team to ensure each event is delivered to the highest of standards. You’ll also liaise directly with clients to identify their needs and ensure we can deliver an event or meeting that exceeds their expectations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- At least 2 years’ experience in a planning or sales role
- Sound knowledge of sales, events and administration
- Proactive approach, with strong drive for team results and a track record of achievement
- Knowledge of Hotel systems and basic revenue management is advantageous
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Flexibility to working hours with regard to business requirements
- Be focused and have a strong commitment to customer service
- Look smart – adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
What we offer:
Join the Crowne Plaza team and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food and beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further!
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Phat Ngo at email@example.com. For a confidential informal conversation about the role feel free to email Phat to arrange a chat.
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2022